I Want It That Way: eShakti Review

June 24, 2014


If you know me well, you know that I love to buy things online. The ease of just sitting and shopping at the same time is so much more relaxing. eShakti was a new website to me so when they contacted me to do a review, I was very excited because their clothes looked awesome online. The shopping experience I had with them was different; in short, it was easy, simple, and fun. I chose a plain black dress but they have so many more options for whatever style of clothing you like.

eShakti background:
As taken from their website:
"Style reinvented by you- eShakti is a fashion leader showcased in Vogue and Glamour, with an added advantage... you can buy what you see or customize."

Pros:
Style options: they offer styles like "boho chic, contempo, and retro modern" to suit your style and taste. Their website is nicely organized and they have a lot of filters to help you narrow down your search. It helps a lot when there are so many products and you don't want to have to look through every single one.

The fit: eShakti offers a huge range of sizes (size 0 to 36). Even if your size doesn't match their standard measurements, you can pay a little extra to get it customized to fit you and it's only $7.50! I wish I used their customized measurements because I ordered a size too big using their standard measurements (my fault for reading the size charts wrong). You'll see in the pictures below that the dress does look a little big on me.



Your dress, your way: in addition to a custom dress size, you have varying options to change the neckline, the dress length, and the sleeve type (you can also choose to remove the pockets too). I opted to change the neckline from a high scoop neck to just a scoop neck and to lengthen the sleeves from cap sleeves to short sleeves. I love how the dress turned out! A plain black cotton dress has been on my "to-buy list" forever and I could never find one that had all the features I wanted. eShakti gives you that option to get the dress you want, your way.

*When I received the dress, the skirt length was too long for me so I had to alter that part myself - I didn't realize how long the "as shown" skirt length*




Quality: the material of the dress is AMAZING. I think I'm so used to buying things from Forever 21 and H&M that the quality of the fabric caught me off guard. The cotton fabric is visibly thicker, durable, and not see through, just the way I like it. It isn't heavy or so thick that you couldn't wear it in the summer either.


Wait time: Because the dresses aren't pre-made, wait time will vary. It took under two weeks for my dress to ship out and I received it the next day, to my surprise. The dress ships from India and the fact that it traveled halfway across the world in a day was awesome.


Cons:
Cost: this is the only part that would get to me. For a student on a budget, ordering from eShakti wouldn't be a frequent thing. But if you're looking for a good quality custom dress, the price is definitely worth your money.


When I have enough money or a stable job one day, I will definitely order from eShakti again. Their dresses were beyond my expectations and the fact that you can almost customize everything makes the purchase worthwhile. I'll do an outfit post on this dress soon (sorry for no full body shots in this post... didn't want to draw attention away from the dress!)


eShakti also generously provided a 10% off discount code for all of you! Just use the code "splashes" at checkout :) The code will be valid from June 24, 2014 to July 24, 2014.


The dress was kindly provided to me by eShakti for review. All opinions in this post are 100% mine.




You Might Also Like

0 comments