Peony

February 04, 2014


Believe it or not, I went on Google to try to determine what kind of flower is printed on my top. My hunch is that they are peonies but I'm stuck between that and chrysanthemums. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't either of those flowers because I know nothing about them.  Did you know the peony was named after the Greek physician god, Paean? Peony... physician... medicine... my career aspiration - I'm destined to wear this flower!

Floral print is one of those patterns that I consider to be a "happy print". It just seems to brighten up an outfit and it makes me so cheery! Polka dots gives me that same feeling but stripes isn't one of them. I don't know, does anyone else feel this way?


Floral Top: Wet Seal // Cardigan: Old Navy // Jeans: Aeropostale // Boot Socks: Forever 21 // Boots: Spring

I just feel so happy and good this past month. There are infinite factors that can put me in a good mood but songs with positive messages is near the top of my list. One song I've found this weekend is called We Are Stars by Virginia to Vegas featuring Alyssa Reid. You should definitely go check out the song (link is below)! I think with all the terrible themes going on in mainstream music nowadays, an encouraging and uplifting song is so refreshing. This is Virginia to Vegas's debut single and I'm so excited to hear what else he'll release later! I'm a big fan of Alyssa Reid too so the song is just perfect.

Do you have any song recommendations? I'm always up for new music :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That is a really lovely top! Floral print is one of my favorites and it definitely looks really good on you! :) You look adorable! :)

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww - any print makes me happy - but I know what you mean. I think it's just that florals and dots are so playful while stripes are rigid and structured? Either way - you are wearing a fun winter outfit!
    morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete