Blanket of Ice

December 22, 2013

Hi everyone! Sorry for being M.I.A. this month! Putting off all my work throughout the semester finally kicked me in the bum when I had to study cram for my finals...


Since last night, my area has been hit hard with freezing rain. It's rare for me to get rain conditions this extreme- usually it's excessive snow in the winter... or none at all :( . It started to get a little icy on Saturday and overnight, the weather conditions hit the hardest. As I woke up this morning, my windows were frosted with ice and the driveway was covered with a generous amount of ice. My neighbours were struggling to even scratch the ice off their cars and managing to get their car doors unlocked. I couldn't even make it to church today because of the conditions.


These weather conditions are extremely dangerous. I live right outside a major city and the power was gone for the whole day there. It isn't expected to be up and running until Christmas Eve/Day there. The freezing rain froze overnight on trees and power lines so the weight of it brought everything down. LUCKILY my community still has power (fingers crossed)! The community just a minute drive away from my house has no power! I saw quite a few trees split right in the middle of the trunk too.

Despite these conditions, nature looks extremely beautiful and I thought I would share some of these pictures with you! It's really rare to see a major city look so calm because all the city lights are normally always on. Everything just seems so still and peaceful now.







You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You've captured some very beautiful pictures here! :) (especially the one with Loblaws in it) KEEP BEING GREAT.

    ReplyDelete