Like Watching Grass Grow

October 03, 2013

Today, this post might be different from most things I usually write about, but I just thought that I would share about my week in summary. It may not be the MOST exciting week of my life... it's like watching grass grow.

1. Midterms: midterm season has finally arrived which means it's time to study! This has just been one of those weeks where I honestly have been so lazy, tired, stressed, and who knows what else. When I'm in a mood like that, wearing some stylish, nice outfit is not in the picture. I'm at school for 9 to 11 hours a day on average and I have to be in the most comfortable thing I can wear.




2. Coming Out Of My Shell: remember how I said I would get more involved in my school and breaking out of my comfort zone from my last post? Well, it's finally happening! I joined another fellowship at my school and can I say that everyone there is sooooo friendly and nice? I'm really glad that I took that first step because I've made some new friends! Best of all though, I feel like I finally have a place at school where I can grow spiritually.

My next move? Finding a work-study position or a volunteer research position on campus. I find it so hard to talk to professors! It's hard to ask things during lecture because there are so many other students. I don't have much to say to them... I'm pretty clear on their lecture and it seems so abrupt to suddenly ask professors for research opportunities.



3. Summer Missed Us: I've experienced some fall weather when it was still summer. Maybe summer is trying to get back at fall for coming so early because it is so warm now! Just a few weeks ago, I was wearing several layers and now it's skirt weather again. It's really refreshing too, especially being able to eat lunch outside.



4. School Events: this week seemed to be packed full with a lot of things happening at school. Today, I guess it was "food truck" day because there were multiple food trucks across campus selling delicious food :) Sadly, I didn't have the money to try any. Additionally, there was an Arts event happening and art pieces were displayed across campus. My favourite one is pictured below :)




5. I Want This: look what awesome thing I saw at Costco... a 53 inch stuffed Moose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea where I would put that in my room if I ever got it. It just looks so darn cuddly.



6. Representation of Me: if there's anything you can find me on, it's the internet. Here is just a funny picture that I came across on Facebook. It is so accurate as to what I am... I'm definitely the cleaner and list maker on the procrastinating list. If anything... I might be all of them (except the social sharer one)

Have a great week! :)


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Lol I loved this post, totally reminded me of my university days. Cherish while they last :)

    BTW, you've got a great blog! Would you like to follow each other to stay in touch?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete