Little White Dress

September 10, 2013


I decided to go a little more simple today, pairing just my neutrals with my little white dress. Today was one of those days I didn't want to wear colours. In turn, the lace detail and ruffles made the outfit a little less "plain". Also, say hello to my blue backpack! I've been using it for around 9 years now and it's still holding up. I have to admit though that it isn't a very attractive backpack. I'm really picky about the things I get so I have yet to find a backpack that I really like. I need to look quick though because the hole at the bottom of my bag is getting bigger.

Dress: Uniqlo // Cardigan: Garage // Flats: SODA

On the note of neutrals and white coloured clothing, it reminded me of the joke my professor told in lecture yesterday. It's a chemistry joke!

Why did the white bear dissolve in water?
Because it was polar!

Okay, I hope you got the joke because a huge smile spread across my face when I heard it. If not, here's one that I've heard several times elsewhere.

A neutron walks into a shop and asks for a coke. After being served, the neutron asks the shopkeeper, "how much will that be?" The shopkeeper replies, "for you, no charge".

Yes? No? I hope I'm not the only one who finds these funny!

In my best attempt to begin my school readings for chemistry, I of course failed. In the following 4 photos:
  1. There I am focusing so well on my lab manual.
  2. Oh, a camera! Smile!
  3. I think I should check my phone. That includes Facebook, Instagram, Email, YouTube, Bloglovin, you name it.
  4. And bam, distraction has taken over.
Typical me, everyday, everywhere... FOCUS, JOYCE!




You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Wow! It seems like you had a really awesome photographer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice outfit joyce! (:
    didn't know you had a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest GFC follower from the “Meet & Greet“ blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am fan of "effortless" style too! Cute dress from Uniqlo...my favorite tennis player Novak Djokovic wears Uniqlo brand sportswear :)

    Stopping by from the Wednesday Hop and a new follower of yours too!

    - Jessica
    http://thedoilyduck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so cute!!
    I just came across your blog & I am now following!
    Looking forward to keeping up!

    xo
    Christina
    Pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce! You cut your hair! You look absolutely adorable! I love the bob! And what a great cause you're supporting! That is awesome! I commend you girl! I love your dress:)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love white dresses! especially in summer and even more if I have a tan skin! But oh well, sadly it's autumn already and I cannot imagine wearing summer dresses now as it is getting pretty cold! :/

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute outfit! Really lovely paired with that cardigan. Also, your blog totally makes me smile :)

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete